You did not come to face reality, you came to create reality.” – Abraham-Hicks
Take a moment and imagine your very best life: you live in your dream house, you have a loving partner, a healthy body, fulfilling work, supportive family and friends, and more than enough money to meet all your needs and wants.
How does your current reality compare with the life you just imagined? Does it even come close? If not, it’s time to make some changes!
You are continually in the process of creating your life experiences, but most people are unaware of their power and are creating unconsciously, by default. As long as you believe that anyone or anything outside of you is controlling you, you will operate more from habit, or influence, and continue on in sameness.
You are not at the mercy of your circumstances. You were born a creator and have the power to shift and mold your reality into the life of your dreams.
Here are the 5 important steps to create your life intentionally:
1. Learn How Deliberate Creation Works
Deliberate creation is the intentional focus on something that is wanted with the purpose of creating a desired outcome. The process consists of 3 basic steps:
- Ask for what you want
- Believe that it is coming to you
- Allow it and receive it
Everyone is a creator and has the power to create. By learning to harness this power through awareness and conscious involvement in the creation process, you can become a creator who has consistent results and a life of your own choosing. Your life can be an ongoing journey of fulfillment and joy, rather than one of only occasional moments of fleeting happiness or temporary satisfaction.
Deliberate creation allows you to truly live rather than merely exist. You no longer feel like you are the victim of your circumstances because you are in the driver’s seat and are in full control of the vehicle.
2. Connect With Your Inner Being
One of the most important steps of successful deliberate creation, the one that most teachers fail to tell you about, is to consciously connect with your Inner Being (also known as your Higher Self or Soul).
This non-physical part of you is always with you, loves you unconditionally, and is in every moment guiding you to your very best life. Your Inner Being is your expanded, loving, and compassionate self. It is the wise teacher within you that knows everything about you, including why you have the challenges you have. Your Inner Being is the essence of who-you-really-are, has no limits, and assists you in knowing your true identity.
As a deliberate creator, connecting with your Inner Being is crucial to creating your life on purpose. You may have some degree of success on your own but without this connection, there will be limits to what you can accomplish, and your life experience will be less meaningful, less satisfying, and considerably less productive. Making this conscious connection is the key to creating a spectacular life with consistent results because you are tapping into to the greater power and infinite wisdom of the Universe.
3. Get Clear on What You Want
It is through your dreams and desires that you grow and evolve. You are an eternal being and will forever have desires. It is a key element in the expansion of life; not only yours, but also the Universe. Without desire, you cannot evolve and would cease to exist.
Your dreams and desires may come to fruition eventually on their own without deliberate intent, but why leave it to chance when you can manifest what you want more quickly? This is where clarity comes in. Getting clear and focusing on exactly what you want to create in your life speeds up the process.
Consider each of the following areas of your life and write a list of what you want:
- Your Values: What is most important to you – success, freedom, happiness? Identifying your values will help you to get clear on the essence of what you want and will serve as the foundation for your dream life. If you do not have the life you want, you are probably living from a different set of values than is required for what you want. Consider reprioritizing your top values to create more of what you most want.
- Ideal Self: Identifying the traits of your ideal self will help you to reclaim your true identity and align you with the person your were born to be.
- Health and body: What is your ideal for your health and body? How much do you weigh? What kinds of foods do you eat? Do you exercise? If so, how and how often? How do you feel physically? What do you look like?
- Financial Abundance: What does your ideal financial situation look like? How much money do you make? What are your sources of income? How much money do you have in your savings account? Do you invest?
- Career: What is your ideal work situation? Do you work with others or alone? Are you your own boss, maybe an entrepreneur? What activities are you doing? What skills do you use?
- Intimate Relationship: Think about your ideal intimate relationship, how does it look and feel? What does your lover look like? What character traits does he/she have? What kinds of things do you do together? How do you feel when you’re with him/her?
- Other Relationships: What does your ideal relationship with others (family members, friends, co-workers) look like? How do you feel in these relationships?
- Home Environment: Where do you live? Who do you live with? What kind of house do you have? How many bedrooms and bathrooms? How do you feel at home?
- Spiritual Life: What are your spiritual beliefs? What activities do you do (meditation, attend church, etc.)?
- Fun and Recreation: What activities do you do for fun? Where are you? Who is with you?
Add or change things on your lists as you think of them. Over time your vision will become more and more clear until eventually your life will begin to unfold as you have described.
4. Release Resistance
Resistance is the only thing that prevents you from having what you want and living your best life. It comes in the form of belief in lack, scarcity, or unworthiness. Negative emotions such as anger, fear, frustration, etc. is a signal from your Inner Being that you are in a state of resistance. If you catch it in the early stages, before the momentum gets going, it’s easy to shift back in to allowing and in the direction of what you want.
Resistance lowers your vibration and slows your energy down, which in turn slows down your manifestations. In order for the Universe to deliver what you want, it has to receive a positive energetic signal and an open channel to receive.
Since releasing resistance raises your vibration, it is worth taking the time to let go of anything that is not for your highest good, such as negative emotions and old limiting beliefs. When you’re in a high vibrational state, you feel more aware, connected, energized, and tuned in.
Here are the 3 most powerful ways to release resistance:
- Appreciation. Appreciation is the absence of resistance. It raises your vibration and aligns you with what you want and the creative person you really are. If all you did was look for things to appreciate you would live a happy, joyous life.
- Meditation. When you relax and quiet your mind, your attention is turned away from the thoughts that hold your vibration in a lower place. It only takes 10 to 15 minutes a day of meditation to significantly improve your life.
- Tapping. Also known as EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique), tapping is basically acupuncture without needles. It is an invaluable tool for releasing negative emotions, letting go of old beliefs, and neutralizing the charge of unpleasant memories from your past. If you are not familiar with EFT tapping, I highly recommend taking the time to learn.
5. Stay Focused and Move Forward
To create your life deliberately and successfully, it is important to develop the ability and skill to focus your thoughts. The best way to do this is to have an alignment plan.
Alignment is the absence of resistance and gives you the leverage to create what you want faster and more easily.
Your alignment plan can include any processes that you enjoy, such as meditation, scripting, affirmations, appreciation lists, or vision boards. Anything that helps you to stay positively focused on your desires, let go of resistance, and raise your vibration.
The more you practice alignment and focus on your dream life, the faster it can come to you. You are a powerful creator and have what it takes to succeed! Move forward confidently and joyfully, and allow the most magnificent life you can imagine to unfold.